Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Looking Back @ Her Legend


Randoming thing about drama. Specifically, Her Legend. I watched that instead of Master's Sun because kept sending me emails trying to shove Sun up my ass. I was thinkng how I really wanted to like that drama, the sloppy kiss, the actor playing the male mc and the female's horrific play for emotion. I thought, it wasn't that the crying was excessive and emotions were too much. Then I thought of the ending. Mi Rae's Choice and Marry Me Mary! endings floated through my head. Neither were perfect, they were nowhere near the best dramas, yet the endings felt fine, maybe even right.

Her Legend tried something similar but somehow, I feel it failed and fell flat. I've mostly forgotten the last episode. I wish I could forget the whole drama, but even so, I didn't and I guess that says something. But that nostalgic feel-good feeling I get thinking about those other dramas simply just don't come.

PS. I watched this as it aired and despite the bad reviews for the male mc as well, I felt that any male mc who had to cry in nearly every episode like a wuse would look bad. He may have overacted but the script was just bad and the female lead always had that painted, emotionally bankcrupt facial expression. It justmade the flaws so much worse. I'll always remember the second lead as perfect. What I mean by that is not that I shipped him with the candy. He just played his part like he was in a different, better drama. How is that for memory.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4308/Her_Legend/
Recaps are here: kimjeonghoonnews.blogspot.com

Currently Watching:
The King of High School

Me too, Flower (this is not simulcasted. Yeah, I'm late)
Fated to Love You- remake Korean
Hotel King

Just Closed the doors on:           -----------------------------------------
Angel's Revenge

Big Man

Emergency Couple
Cunning Single Lady


2014 Best Drama Pick so Far:
Bride of The Century

Looking forward to Nodame Cantabile remake
Still haven't watched Secret Love Affair and Golden Cross
Just finished Scent of A Woman
Planning to re-acquaintence myself with Taiwanese drama
Planning to bandwagon Runnng Man

No comments:

Post a Comment