Friday, July 25, 2014

Homework, Exams, Recaps, and Food. Yep...I'm hungry..

This could have been breakfast
So so so lazy. I know you are wondering what the heck was up with that recap of Trot Lovers. The truth is, it was so good, I chugged the show and sat aside my computer. I'm going to finish it, I swear! But....not right now. Between my off campus proctor and the one that I'll be taking in two hours, my time would be better served studying than writing on my blog right now. Heck, I should even be doing back homework. But I am not :( I am killing time surfing while thinking of the food that I did not have time to prepare this morning and imaging my teeth sinking through juicy meat, whose fluids flow-----okay! Stop it, mind. Stop it! You'll only make yourself hungrier (knew I should have at least put those cherries and grapes in some plain yogurt and mixed granola on my way out!!!WHY!!!).

But I did finish Me Too, Flower last week. It was all in all, pretty good. I was actually kind of confused by the last three episodes. The second female lead lost her mind, the pyshologist and the sister got suddenly love pangs(which I expected, but this was just too abrupt and too short), and the main couple wasted time with needless, stupid drama. I am going to rewatch those epiosdes, though. I was doing double duty at the time so maybe I missed something.

I also need to play catch up with Fated To Love You and jump onboard Married, Not Dating, which I hear has a similar premise.

I am probably more suited to overview drama recaps. But...I don't mind trying again for full drama recaps. Maybe I can do a drama that no one is reviewing one day. Cause for now, my entire watchlist is being written by some other blogger in blogosphere.

PS. I've recently started cooking my own full meals and I have found that the end result of these recipes are so beautiful, I want to take a picture of it everytime I eat.

Update: 8/28/14

I've started school again on the 22nd. It's now the Fall Semester, I've dropped FTLY Korean, picked up Night Watchman(hanging onto drop thread), blown through the awesome Bridal Mask, lightly dropped Josean Gunman when it was not as good, Surplus Princess and old dramas like Time Slip Doctor Jin are picked up. Overall, I'd say that the anime is now giving the dramas a run for their money.

Summer Anime was pitiful, so I am glad it is gone.

Kamigami no Asobi is based on a dating sim game in Japan and while it started out interesting, those cheesy shojo themes made me drop this junk. I came back for the end but seeing some of the events change from the game to suit the happy shojo like heroine made me grim all over again.
Seikoku no Dragonar was one of the few best of the season. Too bad I dropped everything in the summer b/c the lineup was sooo bad.
No Game No Life was #1 as the best anime in the summer. Sadly, the last episode was like a 24 page  manga chapter with a ripped 12th page and nothing visible after it. I was just on the edge of my seat in that last episode! Why you turn my tv off, Japan!?!
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushi is still waiting to be unwrapped from my queue. It could be good but for now, Dr. Jin is waiting for me. Sorry anime romance -_-'

Another I have that I can't bring myself to watch is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. The manga is slow and not quite interesting but has potential. Light novel bored me until I quit, and that wasn't very long. And the anime, well, I suspect I will suffer the same. Why go through that? At least, if I do decide to, I won't do so eagerly.

I failed to stomach more than an episode of Majin Bone and Mushishi Zoku Shou.  It was just two more not-good Summer shows. Blade and Soul seemed to lack the substance I wanted so this was also dropped at episode 1. Black Bullet only looked sleek and was dropped at episode 1 too. Akuma no Riddle seemed cool and the manga name was familiar. But like everytime I am drawn to the Akuma no Riddle manga, I forgot too that the genre is yuri. I already knew Soul Eater Not was not Soul Eater by having seen the manga already. I did not anticipate this anime and didn't even know it would be animated but I dropped it as a vicim of overall dismal summer showing. I did pipe up when Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches look like it was becomin an anime but a few minutes of an ONA left me miserable all over again.

In contract, the previous Spring Season was quite tasty. Strange Plus, which is currently airing another season, was a nice refresh between 30 minute episodes of heavier drama. The mangaka illustrations at the end were especially cool. It was cool immediately identifying my fav artists like Naked Ape and Toya Mikanagi. Hamatora was a weak link that season but I loved me some Art, was interested in Hamatora, hated Moral, and was annoyed by Nice-Kuuuunn :( That guy...Buddy Complex started slow and came out strong toward the end. Still waiting the second season so I can hear the aged Bizon say, "HIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!" and destroy our buddy, Aoba. Inari Konkon Koi Iroha was good. I dropped it than picked it back up a few weeks ago. I may even read the manga now.
After the gunning down of history and historical figures by that other Nobunaga anime(yep, I mean, the Fool) I dropped that
anime in the first episode. I had never seen Joan as pathetic and useless in a portrayal as a character. Tokyo Ravens felt just like the source material. A light novel series should not feel like a written light novel in a visual adaption. What I mean is, pacing. It was good for what ut was though :) Same as Kyoukai no Kanata, but it beat out Ravens by alot. In the middle it became exciting, shocking, and made you care about your characters while you may have still had reservations towards Bakatora and his cousin, Natsume.

That's true.
For the crime of being ridiculously shounen and lacking common sense characters, Strike the Blood was dropped after 6 episodes. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio did not follow the manga at all. So maybe it was good that I never read it. The anime was very straight forward yet unique. But sometimes when all the female ships fawned over Gunzou, I felt that it would be nice to see them shut up if he were beaten to death. And then there is Pupa. 5 minutes is not even worth it. Read the detailed manga and horrified and confused, like the anime should have done, is my advice to readers.

Blood Lad was at 100% for me. Whether you read the manga or watch the anime, it is all the same. This is rare and golden, indeed. It deserved a second season but all the studio gave it was an OVA to cover the few chapters following the original story. Makai Ouji: Devils ad Realist is much the same and for god sakes, it is not yaoi. If you read yaoi, you'd know the difference. Ignorance is truly prickling when it is treated as fact :( So was Free! though I am skipping the second season.

Nice trick promo! My sly & handsome Ryouma-GONE!
Nisekoi was not nearly as bad as fans claimed and to be honest, the manga is not all that great either. It was okay. But I am a barely harem fan. Stay interesting and don't the females get too infatuated and annoying with more than women going on and you got me. Dropped. Then BlueBlaze Alter Memory tricked me into anticipating a few tricks in it's plot, but all it turned out to be was a simple hat trick without a single blaze.

Only Izumi has a god awful pose in this poster -_-

Now for what I am watching now. Starting with the one I anticiapted most, Love Stage. Love Stage is now disappointing but it is Love Stage, so I am still watching. Waiting for that hanging cliff hanger in the manga to be released. Anime----ehhhh, no longer anticipating, just watching. Hate filler Lala Lulu.


Re:Hamatora, aka Hamatora the second season is still on my list. Still love Art but the story is getting far more interesting than that unlikable nonsense from season 1.

Nobunaga Concerto is the standout anime for me, but I wish it would get a break from the whining about the animation style. The story is amazing but the subs drag until  new episode and the animators gloss over all the MC's battles. As always, the manga is better but the anime is a close second. Somebody needs to pick this project up and speed up those translations. Also, I look forward to the drama adaption soon :)
This is how it's done, the Fool!
Persona 4 The Golden Animation is a reworking of the original and one I intended to rewatch for the heck of it, but...a few minutes in of watching the same settings, characters, and lines of the original and I was out. Dropped!

Sword Art Online Season 2! Says it all. I am expecting great things and sadly, waiting forever...and forever....and- darn it, the pacing is just sooo.....!! But I saw an ad on the Crunchyroll Channel of Roku and it was about a new SAO game that was free online. Well, I went online to get the game and got the ultimate troll. It wasn't even available yet and when I looked for reviews, there were very few. One of them was some douche talking about how much he hates SAO anime and used his angry ammo to review the game in as much negative light as he can. The hell? I will just watch the anime and wait to play the game myself.

I have heard that Kamisama Hajimemashita will have a second season. I am anticipating the return and hope that I will not have to drop it b/c once again, they have changed all the great atmospheres and behavior that made me mesmerized by the manga. But if that makes it meet the same fate as Nurarihyon no Mago by appeasing disgruntled manga fans, ignore me by all means. Kamisama .H should be ending soon. Usually when you and many others can see the end approaching, the manga is likely heading that way. I just found out that The World God Only Knows ended tonight. I'll be reading the last chapter after this.

RIP, Beelzebub, Rosario Vampire II, and (about time! and thank you, September Scans!)Michiru Heya. And now, I guess it is Fin for TWGOK.


No comments:

Post a Comment